Sunday, April 5, 2009

Stereotype in my country


In my country, we can see many geeks who often wear old fashioned clothes and bring a paper bag in Akihabara. Akihabara where is located in Tokyo gather many nerds from all of parts Japan. Therefore, we call there mecca of geeks and everyone call them “Akiba-kei” who have peculiar hobby. They support their favorite pop idol and spend much money and time for idol, their hobby, and so on. Some people of Akiba-kei devote their all of energy to their favorite pop idol or their hobbies. On the other hand, I can explain what Akihabara is. Akihabara is very packed place, especially weekend. There are many cafes, cartoon shops, amusement arcade, computer stores, and so on. Therefore, many “Akiba-kei” gather in there and enjoy each hobbies all day long. Actually, I have never been there, however I want to visit there and take many pictures with “Akiba-kei.”

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting. I have heard of Otaku, but never this word. I think I would like to walk through this area of Japan too just to see all of these guys wearing old-fashioned clothes carrying paper bags!

    ReplyDelete